Nehru jacket, or Modi Jacket as it is popularly called nowadays is known not only for its timelessness and elegance but also for the versatility it offers. Whether it is a typical ethnic dress or classic western formals, with sensible styling, a Nehru jacket can be teamed up with both to add another dimension of style. While we all have our favorite way of wearing the jacket, we give you 5 quick suggestions on how to style a Nehru jacket.
1. Kurtas: Nehru jackets were ideally designed to add grace to the classic kurta and churidar look and till today remains the ideal outfit for the kurta. When you are wearing this jacket over the kurta, we advise you to choose one with a contrasting colour. The jacket should not merge with the kurta and should stand out boldly. You may also experiment with the bottoms. Nehru jackets also go extremely well with dhotis and pyjamas for an effortlessly classy ethnic look. Add a contrasting pocket square to your Nehru jacket and head out in style.
2. Long-sleeved jackets with trousers: Restricting your Nehru Jacket only to a bandhgala waistcoat would be extreme ignorance. The Nehru jacket and its long-sleeved form is an ideal coat for formal silhouettes. Adorned heavily by stars across the nation, the jacket can be teamed up with trousers of a similar fabric to have a gracefully formal look. Having said that, it looks extremely stylish even with contrasting trousers. Velvet is in vogue these days and is a great fabric option. When choosing a long-sleeved jacket, prefer one with minimal embellishments and contrasting buttons but if you wish to add some fun in your casual wear, feel free to experiment.
3. Jodhpuri pants: Pairing your Nehru jackets with Jodhpuri pants makes for a good styling option. When wearing Jodhpuri pants with Nehru jackets, colour blocking is the ideal way forward. This stylish combination gives you a “Men in Uniform” look and we all know how suave that silhouette looks.
4. Print jackets: Nehru jackets can be experimented with a lot. There are a variety of prints to choose from. This are very catchy and ideally be teamed up with basic colors with no print.
5. Shirt and pants: The most effortlessly stylish look possible with the Nehru jacket is pairing them with shirt and pants. Pair your classic easy-fitted pants and a white shirt to make it look easy and well dressed.